This Friday I’ll be joining Mar, Courtney and Cynthia for the Friday Five. I saw the topic for this Friday is five things in your gym bag and thought it was perfect timing as this was my first week back to a traditional gym in quite some time.
Having said that even though I wasn’t attending a traditional gym I still kept a gym bag for quick changes after work before my runs.
So without further ado, the five things you can (hopefully) find in my purple gym bag.
1. Work out clothes: Can’t forget the essentials. As I usually am changing for the gym at work or the gym these are a must. Now whether ALL my workout clothes are there is another story, sometimes I like to forget things like my sports bra. I need to keep things interesting somehow!
2. Hairbrush, bobby pins, hair ties: I usually wear my hair down at work, so I need to be able to pull it back at the gym or before my runs.
3. Yurbuds: These are a must if I’m going to be running on the boring boring treadmill in the winter. (I run without music if I’m outside). I sometimes listen to music while running, but I’ve recently taken to listening to podcasts, most recently, Gilmore Guys, which is hilarious and everyone should listen to it!
As you can see I only have one cover on my yurbuds. This is the result of an unfortunate clumsy moment on the treadmill where the rogue cover went flying to heaven only knows what corner of the gym. After crawling around on my hands and knees, using the flashlight app on my phone to look under treadmills, and eliciting what I’m sure were very concerned stares about my sanity from the other gym members I finally gave up and accepted it was lost. My replacement covers will be, hopefully, delivered to me soon.
4. Running shoes: I need something to wear on my feet when I’m running!
5. A lock: This is a recent addition. I dug out my lock from middle school (I do indeed still have it) and am now using it to secure everything in the locker room.
What do you keep in your gym bag?